Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life is good!

I feel the need to thank my Heavenly Father for everything in my life. I am blessed with so many graces that help me in ways that I don't even know where to begin.
1)My room mates Emily and Kelsie are amazing girls and wonderful examples to me. They make life at home so much fun! I didn't have that last year, and it's nice to feel like I'm part of a family unit again while away from home.
2)The ward I am in is amazing! Yet another thing I didn't have last year. I distanced myself from them a lot last year because I didn't want to get connected to things too much and then have to move. I pushed people away from me intentionally so that I wouldn't have to deal with the loss of yet more friends. This year I decided to make sure that I didn't do that again. I may not know all these people my whole life, but I sure as heck will have fun with them while I can. I am not going to let fear of loss get in my way of living life.
3)I finally have someone in my life that I am a little bit interested in. Someone who I can have hope of future events with. That's all I'm going to say because it's still very very very new to me and far away from becoming anything. But lets just say I'm getting the vibe that he's feeling it too. :)
4)My parents are amazing people and I love them so much! They have faith in me even when I fall short sometimes. Sometimes I feel bad for being a disappointment to them over some things, but I know that I'm a good person and I try to do what's right. That's all because of them. They are great examples in my life of faith in God and reliance on his grace. Sometimes I struggle with that, I feel like I have to do everything on my own, and I forget to let the Lord help me.
5)The love that I feel from my Savior every day of my life. Even when it's epic fail #84, He still loves me and wants me to come back home to Him. I can't wait for that day, but I know I must.

I didn't mean for this to be all sentimental, but there you go.
I meant to say how completely awful I did on my Stats final. But luckily I have more to be happy for than to be upset about.

1 comment:

  1. Shaela I love your blog! You're so amazing!

    ReplyDelete