Friday, December 24, 2010

1950's T.V family

Today I finally made it home for the Holidays, we rolled into town around 12 pm. It is so good to be back home.
I just wanted to post really quickly about some cute things that happened to me today.


So let me set the scene for you; my Grandparents are over for Christmas Eve dinner, every one is getting ready to go read the famous Christmas story, sing some songs, and open our pj's.
Before anyone came in the front room Jacob, my 11 year old brother pulls me in, sits me right next to him on the couch, and insists that I sit right next to him. He gets this really serious look on his face and says "Shaela, we never just talk. So... lets talk. Do you like me?"
It was so stinking cute! Shortly after that he got distracted and ran around the room for a few more minutes till every one else came in the room.
Jacob is seriously the cutes little 11 year old I know. When I lived with my parents I would always read him bed time stories, and we would pray together each night. I really miss that. But it's fun to see him growing up into a great kid!

My dad was all goofy today at the store where we met my parents when we got into town. I was looking around for my mom, and I see my dad and he's hiding around a corner, then I see him spring out at my mom and sister just laughing like a 4 year old. It was so funny. For any of you who know my dad you know he's usually very reserved in public, and melo. So this came as a pleasant surprize to see him just let loose and be goofy!

I just love my family.

Also, Amber my 22 year old sister told me a couple of funny things today:
1) We have so much fun and laugh all the time, so Amber said "Shae, when we get older and our husbands die, we HAVE to live together. We just have so much fun, and laugh at each others jokes all the time!" I'm paraphrasing, but it was probably the funniest thing I've heard all month!
2)We were talking about chickens and how funny they walk, and Amber bursts out and says "Chickens look so retarded when they walk, it's no wonder we eat them!!"


Oh man, my family is so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment