Friday, February 11, 2011

Colin Hay - I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You

One never gets over the loss of a true love, they merely are forced to cope with the memories and void that remains in the heart and soul. This song captures the essence of this dilemma that is not without anguish and seems to go on without end.

This is probably my new favorite song of all time. It describes perfectly the way I feel about what went down with my (cheesy as it may be) first love. It was hard to let go of the feelings I had for him. But totally worth it. I love the line where he sings "Even though I may soon feel the touch of love, I just don't think that I'll ever get over you" This is how I feel lately. I know that one day I will find someone, but that day is just not today.




No comments:

Post a Comment