Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dreams and their meaning

For those of you who know me well, you know that I have strange dreams all the time. Nearly every night, I had an exceptionally crazy dream last night
My roommate told me that she would love to have someone analyze my dreams, so I did just that. I looked stuff up on line and this is what I came up with. I'll put the interpretation in italics after the significant parts.

The Dream:
(I'm not going to tell you every aspect of my dream, just the bits and pieces)

I dreamed that I was helping a little girl(who I don't know yet) learn how to swim. Swimming Pool To see a swimming pool suggests that you need to acknowledge and understand your feelings. It is time to dive in and deal with those emotions. You need to cleanse yourself and wash away those past hurts.
Also there was a HUGE lady there, she was fatter than any person I've ever seen! Kind of like Aunt Marge from the Harry Potter 2 Book/movie (which I recently watched) Fat: To dream that others are fat, signifies prosperity. Consider also the phrase "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" and how you need to wait for the final result and not assume the outcome

The scene changes and I am at a party with my Family and close family friends.
I looked down at my right arm and I had blisters all over it. I could literally see my skin bubbling up and forming nasty sores. Blister: To dream that you have a blister, indicates that some minor annoyance or problem is draining your energy and time. Consider how you may have gotten the blister.

I went to the hospital to see if they could fix it, while on my way there I developed Meningitis and couldn't get in to see a doctor. Illness: To dream that you have an illness, denotes despair, unpleasant changes, or some emotional breakdown. The illness may be symbolic of your inability to cope with a situation. You see that being ill is an easy way out. On a more direct note, this dream may signal you to pay closer attention to your health especially to the areas of body revealed in the dream. While at the hospital I saw some people in my student ward playing the piano, and a few of them I know don't play in reality. Piano: to dream about someone playing a piano, indicates a quest for harmony in your life. Consider where the piano is placed as a clue as to what aspect of your life needs accordance.

My friends were concerned about me and asked if I was going to be okay. I answered no because I was dying of "skin cancer and meningitis" Illness: To dream that you have an illness, denotes despair, unpleasant changes, or some emotional breakdown. The illness may be symbolic of your inability to cope with a situation. You see that being ill is an easy way out. On a more direct note, this dream may signal you to pay closer attention to your health especially to the areas of body revealed in the dream.
They were also playing with a container full of smooth stones, Rocks: To see a rock in your dream, symbolizes strength, permanence, stability and integrity, as conveyed in the common phrase "as solid as a rock". The dream may also indicate that you are making a commitment to a relationship or that you are contemplating some changes in your life that will lay the groundwork for a more solid foundation. Alternatively, a rock represents stubbornness, disharmony and unhappiness. For some odd reason I poured strawberry milk in with them. Milk: To spill milk in your dream, symbolizes a loss of faith, opportunity, and trust

One last scene, it seems to be a repeat of another dream I had, I was standing on a residential street in a poor part of town, and I was running with a person I have recently started getting to know more. I dream about running a lot.
Running: To dream that you are running with someone, signifies cooperation

I normally don't buy into things like this, but all of these things were so evident to the things I've been concerned about lately. I have been worried about my health, and the piano in the hospital shows that I am trying to find harmony in my health. The here are a lot of other significant parts to this dream that if I were to share them all it would be way too long. It's just crazy to see how things play a part to my dreams. I need to let go of hurt feelings, loss of love, and accept that I am not the one in control. I have been struggling with people lately and am so upset that I am "undesirable" to men. I need to just go on a mission and forget all of them for a while. That was kind of pointed out by the rock analogy. I am doing things now that will lay the groundwork for my future, and I just need to accept that.
Well, this is significantly long enough, but I just wanted to post that I am going to start mission papers this month :) I'm so excited to serve the Lord and work harder than I ever have before. I look forward to the blessings that my family will have because of my willingness to serve the Lord in what seems to be the "prime of my life"

No comments:

Post a Comment