Saturday, May 28, 2011

My life rocks.

My mission papers are officially in. I found out that they went in about a week ago. So I hope to get my call next week so I can have it before I move out to Orem for June/first part of July.
Life in Roosevelt is SUPER boring compared to Logan, but I have a job temporarily at Rockies Place.(just a local restaurant) It worked out perfectly. They needed someone to take over while one of their workers is in Tonga, and they are totally okay with me leaving for a month or so for my summer camp job at UVU, and then taking me back on after it's over.
I went to Provo at the beginning of this week for training and I'm getting really stoked about it all. It's going to be way fun. All but one of the councilors went to the camp with me when I was in school, and that one who's new is awesome. we have so much in common and I'm excited to get to know her better.
Caleb flew out to Florida Monday and got to call home at like 6 am! It was really good to hear from him. He told me that he was praying for me and REALLY wants me to go on a mission. He motivates me so well. It's awesome. The Lord really knows what he's doing with my life, it's quite amazing really. I stopped believing in coincidences a few weeks ago.

I went to the drive in with some friends tonight and I didn't know they don't accept debit cards(really echo drive in? it's 2011, what place doesn't have a card machine?) After the lady realizes this, she just let me and another friend in for free, even though she had cash. I was just whyning the other day about how I never win anything or get free stuff. well here's a list of free stuff I've gotten in the past little while:
1-Drive in ticket
2-A new acoustic album from my ALL TIME FAVORITE band THE ROCKET SUMMER. And it's amazing.
3-my parents got me some custom orthodics for my feet because i have such flat feet and it will help me be in less pain on a mission
4-free food at my job training in Orem on Tuesday and Wednesday, this included really good free sushi.
5-free gas-my mom knew I didn't have money to pay for my trip to Provo/Orem so she gave me $30 for gas, this may not seem like a lot, but when you're as broke as I am, it's awesome.
6-a free phone and a cheaper plan. my parents realized how much I have been paying the past 2 years for my phone (about $80/month) and let me get onto their family plan, I will only be paying $15/month.
7-LOTS of free time! I have had a ton of time this summer to read books. watch movies, and talk to my family.
8-Laundry. after paying just under $10 every time i needed to wash my clothes for the past 8 months, I finally don't have to pay anything.
9-Food. I don't have to buy all my food anymore. I still buy a few things just to take the load off my family as much as possible, but that's not much because I'm so broke. The other day amber bought me 32 eggs as a joke because the's pretty much all I eat every day. haha
10-Siddartha... I'm not sure if I'm happy about this book, we have to read it for my job this summer, I have to read it to the kids every night, but I want to read it first so I can understand it enough to help them get it. It's really deep and the hardest thing I've ever read! it's 400x harder to get than the bible, or Book of Mormon too! but I feel like it will be very inspiring. It's all about self progression and spiritual enlightenment.

well this ended up being WAY longer than intended. I just have a much easier time expressing myself in words than I do talking lately... weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment