Sunday, June 19, 2011

June

So for this whole month I am living in Orem an am a councilor for a summer camp at UVU. It's such a stressful job. But seriously the most rewarding job I've ever had. I feel like I'm really making a difference and helping these amazing students. (not like they need much help though, they're seriously awesome)
I basically work all day long though. I take them to school at 6:50(ish) am
we are there untill about 9pm or later. It's hard having no free time. But I get free room and board, so I get to pocket everything I make so I can pay for a mission.
We're on week 3 of a 4 week program. It's crazy that it's half way over! The time really has flown by so fast!

This is Lupi, one of my girls. I'm in charge of 9 girls in 2 different apartments. It's awesome! I love them all! I'll work on getting more pictures!



Also, I purchased a dress for my mission. I got really excited Friday because it was the 2 month mark from when I enter the MTC! So I got a dress :) It's way cute... See!!

Victoria Dress
I like it a lot!!
My grandparents are amazing and are going to help me get some more clothes because lets face it! I'm really broke.


I got in touch with a girl who served in the Rapid City mission, and she's been helping me prepare for it SO much! She's been such a blessing to me :)
I really can't wait to get out there and "Serve the WORLD!!"- Emily Houston

Well, that's about it with my life so far this month! I just am super happy and can't wait to spend all my time for 18 months doing what the Lord wants me to do; Bring them closer to Him.

P.S this is a really great album! If you like more indie Rock, you should check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I love that dress! I want it! :) Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it on sistermissionaryclothes.com. Right after that I found it for about $5 cheaper on jenclothing.com
    it's super cute huh!! they have it in black, purple and a grey-ish color

    ReplyDelete